Saturday 7 December 2013

A Few Foundation Pics

This is a small selection of some of my favourite drawings and paintings I did on my foundation year
 Small watercolour of my and my sister in home-made tie dye tops, the proportions arent great but I like the watercolours
 Photography in Cornwall - Here I actually kind of think the painting looks better unfinished than it does with the fully filled in background

 Anatomy of a heart - This took quite a lot of concentration as I wanted it to be as precise as possible, this was copied from a human anatomy book to get the details right
 The tides in Cornwall - The top one was done in acrylic whilst sat on the beach watching the waves, and the second one was done in watercolours back at home looking at a photograph

 Italian Sunset - I really love the colours of the sunset in this oil painting, the first time I used oils and I really like the technique, I especially like how the white of the sun stands out and the pink tones in the sky and sea
 People painting - a small study in oils, I think that I should have put as much effort into the background and bench tonal colours as I did the ladies clothes
 Large scale people - Mixed media including acrylics, charcoal and pastels, based on a pencil drawing, I like the expressive freely drawn lines

 These three paintings were made by expressive brush lines and by throwing paint filled items at the pages, the were so much fun to make and a nice break to be freely creative without the pressure making work that would be graded (during final major project)

 This is a particular favourite made my dipping elastic bands in paint and catapulting them at a piece of paper
 These final images are of work that was made throughout the year that I included within my portfolio, I really like the final pictures of the paintings with paint dripping down them, I love that even though the effect cant really be controlled in has a really nice aesthetic



No comments:

Post a Comment